Sustainable Enterprise Project (SEP)
PKSF is implementing the project titled “Sustainable Enterprise Project (SEP)” which is financed by The World Bank. This project will provide assistance to Micro Enterprises (MEs) of Bangladesh to increase adoption of environment friendly technology and enhance their marketing and brand development capacity .The total budget of the project is 130.0 million US dollar (BDT 1040.0 Crore), among which the World Bank and PKSF will finance 110.0 million US dollar (BDT 880.0 Crore) and 20.0 million US dollar (BDT 160 Crore) respectively. The duration of the project is 05 years (2018-2023).
SEP will support forty thousand microenterprises from agriculture and manufacturing sectors with special focus on environmentally stressed and vulnerable to climate change areas. Thirty types of sub-sectors have been selected for this project. A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been formed at PKSF to administer the project.
“To increase the adoption of environmentally sustainable practices by targeted microenterprises.”
- 16 May 2018 : Signing of Project Agreement and Signing of Financial Agreement
- 2 August 2018: Signing of Subsidiary Loan and Grant Agreement (SLGA)
- 8 August 2018: Official declaration of project effectiveness by the World Bank
- The project component-1 will support common services influencing non-revenue-generating physical activities to be environmentally sustainable through enhancing low polluting businesses as well as increased eco-labeling, product certification, brand development and access to premium markets. Besides, POs’ capacity development and revenue generating common services are incorporated to this component.
- Under project component–2, the project will be expanding financial support for income-generating opportunities to the targeted microenterprises by supporting investment in activities those are resource efficient, low polluting, green and resilient through its Partner Organizations (POs) as “Agrosor” loan.
- Under the component-3, a Project Management Unit (PMU) will ensure the project implementation in a timely and effective manner. PKSF/PO level capacity building, facilitating communication and knowledge management, printing-publications, sub-sector studies, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) are integrated to this part.
Project Development Objectives (PDO)-level Results Indicators:
Safeguard documents of SEP