A Programme for Enterprise Development
PKSF launched its Micro Enterprise programme in 2001 to extend its financial services to the progressive members of other microcredit programmes for undertaking economic activities that require bigger amount of capital. PKSF upgrades it micro enterprise policy on the basis of the needs of micro-entrepreneurs. At present, apart from the progressive clients of other microcredit programme, PKSF provides financial services through its Partner Organizations (POs) to all micro entrepreneurs for expediting employment generation. Any business activity that has investment up to BDT 1.5 million (excluding land and building) is considered as microenterprise. The program is now renamed as Agrosor. This program is being implemented all over in Bangladesh through 177 POs of PKSF. An individual micro-entrepreneur can take loan up to BDT 1.0 million for his enterprise under the Agrosor Program.
PKSF completed implementation of Finance for Enterprise Development and Employment Creation (FEDEC) project, to expand the microenterprises in the country. International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and PKSF jointly financed the project. Beside financial services, the micro-entrepreneurs received technical and technological support under the project. PKSF has launched an IFAD funded project titled Promoting Agricultural Commercialization and Enterprises (PACE) in January 2015, to expand PKSF’s ME development program. Entrepreneurs are receiving financial and non-financial technical services and technological support to enhance their productivity and income under this project.
Lending activities under Agrosor
- In FY 2014-15, loan disbursement of PKSF to its Partner Organizations (POs) under Agrosor is BDT 5.52 billion and outstanding amount of loan with POs under this programme reached at BDT 10.06 billion. In comparison with the previous year, PKSF’s disbursement to its POs under Agrosor in FY 2014-15, has been increased by 7.62% and disbursement of POs to borrowers by 22.87%.
- During the FY 2014-15 POs disbursement to its borrowers is BDT 62.27 billion and outstanding amount of loan as on 30th June 2015 is BDT 35.99 billion.
- During the FY 2015-16, amount of loan disbursement from PKSF to POs is BDT 6.90 billion and outstanding amount of loan is 11.78 billion.
- During the FY 2015-16, POs’ disbursement to its borrowers is BDT 90.24 billion and outstanding amount of loan as on 30th June-2016 is BDT 49.76 billion.
- Up to June-2016, total number of borrowers stands at 0.97 million, which is about 87.81% of the total members under this loan program.
- During the current FY 2016-17 (from July-2016 to February-2017) loan disbursement from PKSF to POs and POs to borrowers is BDT 5.15 and 72.78 billion respectively.
- In February-2017, the average loan size under this programme is BDT 95,682.
Trend of loan disbursement under Agrosor:
Up to February-2017, cumulative loan disbursement from PKSF to POs and POs to borrowers is BDT 43.10 and 404.72 billion respectively.